Welcome to BMC Associates
BMC Associates helps business partners, owners of family businesses, and principals of other organizations deal with conflict and build collaboration. BMC’s interdisciplinary and non-adversarial approach helps strengthen working teams’ overall business and interpersonal performance.
BMC’s services include:
- Mediation, a process that resolves conflicts through facilitated negotiations.
- The Partnership Charter, an innovative, preventative tool for partners and partners-to-be who want a structured approach to negotiating the many issues that tend to cause difficulties and conflicts among partners.
- Business Succession Plans, an integrated approach to transferring family business leadership and ownership.
- Collaborative Estate Planning, a way for families to address the many sensitive issues involved in transferring assets such as vacation properties from one generation to the next.
- Other Services that meet the planning and organizational development needs of clients are offered in conjunction with the services described above.
Recent News & Updates
November 14, 2018
Exit Planning Institute Conference
Ritz Carlton – Tysons Corner, Virginia
It’s easy and common for financial and legal advisors to focus their efforts on “the business” to the detriment of the family behind it. Family businesses have special circumstances that public companies don’t face and managing the issues related to stewarding wealth through generations is complex. In this session Dr.
November 8, 2018
Executive Forums of Northern Virginia
The Tower Club, Tysons Corner, Virginia
Donna and David Gage addressed a gathering of CEOs and Co-owners interested in discovering the common (and not-so-common) traps partners fall into and the preventive steps they can take to minimize the likelihood of conflict. They stressed that most partner conflicts can be traced back to insufficient partner planning.
November 2, 2018
Maryland Psychological Association Annual Convention
The Maryland Psychological Association invited Drs. Donna and David Gage to present a workshop at their Annual Convention about the many ways psychologists can use mediation to help their clients. They focused on mediation with business partners, boards of directors, management teams and families with business and estate issues, but they emphasized how psychologists’ training and experience make them particularly well suited to work in any conflict situations that involve close relationships.
October 20, 2017
DC Psychological Association
David and Donna Gage gave a workshop for psychologists, social workers and executive coaches on how BMC uses a multidisciplinary approach to help family business owners resolve complex family and business conflicts collaboratively.
Other News & Updates
Built to Sell: Co-Founders and Co-Sellers
Safeguarding the Family When the Business is Sold
Thanksgiving: Gratitude and Your Partnership
Celebration of Young Presidents’ Organization’s “Best of the Best” Education Award
Partners and Equity (Part 2): The Basic Principles of a Comprehensive Approach to Dividing Ownership
The Five Dysfunctions & The Partnership Charter
Have a Lean Start-up, but Start Out Right
Read All Entries >>