Disciplines: Attorney, Mediator, ICF Certified Coach
Susan Coleman is a partner at C Global Consulting LLC in New York City and a global consultant with close to three decades of experience building collaboration in organizations and systems. Her practice combines the ability to create and deliver world-acclaimed workshops and seminars, with skill in designing large or small system interventions to promote collaboration, improve organizational performance and resolve conflict.
She has worked with tens of thousands in Asia, Africa, the Americas, the Middle East, and Europe to build collaboration and resolve differences effectively. She has worked with BMC since 2006 mediating closely-held business or family disputes, and facilitating partnership charters. In her C Global practice, she is an Executive and Team Coach, Mediator, Large Group Facilitator, and Creator of The Peacebuilding Podcast which features weekly pre-recorded interviews about best practices to build common ground in complex systems. She also provides executive training in intercultural negotiation, conflict resolution, and women’s leadership.
Susan created the United Nations program in Collaborative Negotiation and Mediation as well as a similar certificate program at Columbia University. Her representative client engagements include NASA, ESA, JAXA and other space partners, the United Nations worldwide including many peacekeeping missions, Governments of Switzerland, Colombia, United States, Argentina, and Denmark, Undertone Advertising, The Open Societies Foundation, American Express, and Citibank.
Among her professional experiences are:
- Partner, C Global Consulting, LLC, 2010-present.
- Principal, Coleman Raider International, 1988-2010.
- Director of International Projects, International Center for Cooperation and Conflict Resolution, Columbia University, New York, NY, 1995-2003.
- United Nations Secretariat, New York, NY, 1996-2004. Ms. Coleman designed a conflict resolution program through which she managed and delivered programs throughout the world.
- Consultant, Harvard Institute for International Development, Cambridge, MA, 1987.
- Attorney, Reboul, MacMurray, Hewitt, Maynard & Kristol, New York, NY, 1983-1986.
- Founder/Director, North Star Fund, New York, NY, 1978-1986.
1987 M.P.A., Harvard University, Kennedy School of Government, Cambridge, MA
1983 J.D., Hofstra University School of Law, Hempstead, NY
1978 B.A., Hampshire College, Amherst, MA
International Systemic Team Coaching, 2016
International Coaching Federation, 2015
International Gestalt Study Center, Program on Small Business and Family Systems, 2007
Gestalt Working With Groups Intensive, 2006
International Gestalt Coaching Program, 2005-2006
Gestalt Organization and Systems Development 2002-2004
Harvard – MIT Program in Negotiations 1990
- ThePeacebuildingPodcast.com: Systemic Interventions to Build Common Ground — weekly broadcast of interviews with mediators and others worldwide, Host and Creator, Current.
- “Women and Negotiation: Tips from the Field”, Dispute Resolution Magazine, 2012.
- Account of Mediation and Training of Kurdish Representatives in “Preparing to Mix and Match Methods,” in The Change Handbook eds. Holman and Devane (San Francisco, Berrett Koehler), 2006.
- “Intercultural Conflict Resolution Training,” Coleman, S., & Raider, E. in The Sage Handbook of Conflict Communications, eds. S. Ting-Toomey and J. Oetzel (Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications), 2006.
- “Conflict Resolution: Strategies for Collaborative Problem Solving,” Raider, E., & Coleman, S., (NY: Coleman Raider International; version published in Japanese, Macedonian, Arabic, Kurdish, Spanish, and French), 1992, 1997, 2004.
- “Mediation Skills,” Raider, E., & Coleman, S. (NY: Coleman Raider International), 1992, 1997, 2004.
- “Managing Conflict Through Large Group Methods,” Raider, E., Coleman, S. & Gerson, J. in The Handbook of Conflict Resolution: Theory and Practice, eds. M. Deutsch and P. Coleman, (San Francisco: Jossey-Bass), 2000, 2005.
- “Teaching Conflict Resolution Skills in a Workshop”, Raider, E., Coleman, S. & Gerson, J. in The Handbook of Conflict Resolution: Theory and Practice, eds. M. Deutsch and P. Coleman, (San Francisco: Jossey-Bass).
Fluent in Spanish