Disciplines: Management/Organizational Consultant
Richard Yocum is a mediator and a management and organization development consultant who specializes in working with partners and family-owned, closely-held businesses. He serves as coach to business owners, CEOs, and key executives of companies of varying size and industry type. His background includes sixteen years in management roles (line and staff) with world-class organizations. As a strategic consultant and facilitator, he leads clients to develop and execute their visions and plans. Additionally, he has produced a leadership program that focuses on business fitness and personal leadership fitness and culminates with a group trek through the Himalayas in the Kingdom of Bhutan. He has served in the following roles:
- Founder and Managing Director, Argosy International, LLC. A firm specializing in providing coaching and consultation to business owners and executives. 1998-present.
- Mediator and Consultant, BMC Associates. 1992-present.
- Adjunct Professor, The Johns Hopkins University. Taught management classes in Leadership, and Change to master’s level students. 1992-1996.
- Chairman, TEC Worldwide. Facilitator for CEO advisory groups; provided coaching and strategic planning services to CEOs. 1991-1999.
- Partner, Hewat Associates. Strategic planning for corporations. 1989-1991.
- Vice President, Waverly, Inc. In charge of operations for this family-owned publishing services company. 1985-1989.
- Director, PHH Group, Inc. Provided organization effectiveness services and consultation to all international and domestic financial services operations. 1981-1985.
- Manager, McCormick & Co, Inc. Directed the manpower planning, training, and development programs. Operated a $20m sales center for this international spice company. 1976-1981.
- Manager, Bristol-Myers, Inc. Responsible for sales, recruitment, training, and management of a three state district of grocery, drug, wholesale, and military accounts. 1973-1976.
1993-99 Post Graduate Studies in organizational psychology, Fielding Institute, Santa Barbara, CA
1981 M.S., Organization Development, The American University, Washington, D.C.
1975 B.S., Business and Sociology, Towson State University, Towson, MD
- Families Prevent Second and Third Generation Business Failure through Sensitive, Provocative Dialogue, The Club Insider, Richard Yocum
- Partnership Charters: The Process for Achieving “Interpersonal Equity” and Avoiding the Partnership Distress Syndrome, The Club Insider, Richard Yocum