Disciplines: Consulting and Clinical Psychologist, Behavior Analyst
Kent Corso is a mediator and consultant. As a board certified behavior analyst and prior officer in the U.S. Air Force, he has 20 years of experience in the areas of leadership, mediation, and change management within organizations of all types and sizes. Kent’s skills have been fine-tuned while working in high-pressure, high-stakes situations with people in conflict.
Kent brings over 15 years of speaking and training experience to BMC Associates, having taught administrators, clinicians, professionals, and students in medical, business, academic, and military settings. He is a sought-after speaker who motivates individuals and groups to creatively solve their most daunting, complex challenges. When partners, executive teams, and other groups come to an impasse while working together, Kent is adept at facilitating their ability to move productively forward.
Kent’s most recent publication, Integrating Behavioral Health into the Medical Home, is the only book that advises the business and healthcare administration community on developing and launching team-based models of behavioral healthcare in primary care. These team-based models, like high-functioning partnerships, rely on effective conflict management to ensure they transition to and sustain successful team performance.
As an Associate, Kent ensures BMC’s clients receive the effective, customized, high-caliber services they need and expect.
Kent has served in the following roles:
- President, NCR Behavioral Health, LLC, 2009-present
- Program Manager, Behavioral Health in Primary Care, NCR MD, 2013-present
- Adjunct Assistant Professor, F. Edward Hebert School of Medicine, Uniformed Services University of Health Sciences, 2011-present
- Primary Care and Health Psychology Rotation Director, Walter Reed National Military Medical Center, 2010-2012
- Clinical Director, Alternative Paths Training School, 2009-2010
- Director, Behavioral Health Consultation, Eglin Regional Hospital, U.S. Air Force, 2008-2009
- Staff Psychologist, Eglin Regional Hospital, U.S. Air Force, 2006-2008
2008 Hostage Negotiation, Basic Negotiation Certificate granted by FBI.
2006 PsyD, Clinical Psychology, American School of Professional Psychology, Arlington, Virginia.
2003 Certificate in Applied Behavior Analysis, George Mason University, Fairfax, Virginia.
2000 B.S., Major in Biology, Minor in Leadership Studies, University of Richmond, Virginia.
Licensed Psychologist, Virginia
Board Certified Behavior Analyst
Member, The Association for Behavior Analysis International (ABAI)
Co-Chair, Military and Veteran Special Interest Group (ABAI)
Member, The Society of Clinical Psychology, APA Division 12